Heavy Knight Strategy
Heavy Knights rely on their armor for intimidation as much as protection, and on their teammates for kills as much as their own weapons.
- Anticipate enemy movements, cut them off, and corner them.
- Avoid becoming surrounded.
- When supported by team mates, block and absorb attacks to leave your enemies exposed for them.
- Avoid absorbing attacks without blocking. If your opponents decide to leave after charging a special, you're not fast enough to catch them.
- You'll need to collect around 4 armor pick-ups to refill a depleted armor gauge.
- You have enough armor to last until you die.
- Avoid standing in front or Archers.
- Be not afraid; your armor isn't just armor. It's like the Berserker's muscles. Intimidating.
- Your offensive power is closely tied to your defensive abilities.
Weapon Specific Strategy
The Heavy Knight of weaponry, the slowest, largest, and deadliest sword in the game.
- It's capable of perfectly parrying any melee weapon, and its range is good for counter-attacking despite your speed.
- One fully charged strike is often enough to weaken a Pirate so much that they leave you alone.
- Against smaller weapons, you can afford to use uncharged attacks. They're still some of the most deadly.
- The recovery time after a swing is quite long. Try not to miss, and keep the attack held as long as necessary.
- If your opponent refuses to move into attack range, hold your attack and back them into a corner. Block if they try to rush you.
One of the smallest areas of effect, yet somehow one of the easiest to aim. Good for noscopes.
- A quick spin with the sword leveled at neck-height. Strangely, ducking has no effect on how decapitated one becomes.
- Use it after a successful attack, but before the retaliation.
- If you know an enemy is about to hit you in the back, use it without turning around. Oldest trick in the book...
- Enemies stuck in corners will have absolutely no hope of escape.
- You're stuck in place during the spin, and vulnerable to ranged attacks, as well as anybody nearby that was not caught in the spin.
- Following up with an attack is difficult due to the heavy knockback, and the slow swing speed of the sword.
Sword & Shield
A sturdy shield. Behind it, you're more likely to die by walking off of a cliff than you are to be slain.
- Bash two-handed weapons away with this if you keep getting hit with fully charged attacks.
- The short sword swings quickly, at least compared to the Two-handed Sword. Back enemies into corners and rack up combos after a bash to draw out the sting.
- Try not to bash enemies out of the path of an Archer's arrow.
- Take a hit on your shield and retaliate with a quick bash and counter-attack. You'll come out unscathed, but they'll be stunned and bleeding.